Gecko Designs, a full-service web design and creative agency headquartered in Missoula, MT, is hiring a Project Manager to serve as the liaison between clients and our internal teams. The Project Manager works directly with clients and leads efforts to ensure a smooth progression of projects involving creative, development, and marketing efforts with a high level of efficiency and professionalism. In addition, they serve as the internal point person for task management, timeline coordination, and presentation of deliverables.
This position will include a 6-month onboarding plan, including training, mentorship and job shadowing across all of Gecko’s job functions to build organizational awareness.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads projects from initiation through delivery, including planning, scheduling, and monitoring budgets.
- Clearly and actively communicates with customers and team members in a timely manner.
- Reviews project proposals and has a high level understanding of all projects.
- Acts as conduit between creative team and software engineering team; involvement in the entire creative process.
- Actively promotes changes to processes and practices that improve efficiency and quality.
- Works closely with the entire organization to identify and implement process improvement.
- Prioritizes multiple product backlogs with changing requirements and priorities.
- Solicits reviews and testimonials from customers.
- Participates in weekly meetings with all team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in agency work, sales, marketing or a related field.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, as well as active listening skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects, multi-task, and independently prioritize tasks to achieve short- and long-term goals.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of the creative process for both web and print projects.
- Embrace a spirit of curiosity and learning.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical, get-the-job-done execution.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle occasional uncertainty.
- Ability to respectfully challenge “the way things have always been done,” and think outside the box when seeking solutions.
- Genuine passion for Gecko’s work, its people and its processes, and ability to inspire others to share that passion.
- IT fluency – able to learn new systems and technologies with ease. Experience with project management software (Jira) a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and HTML/CSS.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
Note: See yourself in some, but not all, of these requirements, but still think you’ve got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Job Type: Full-time
Email resume to: [email protected]