Adobe Dreamweaver Training Instructor Feedback
This course surpassed my expectations! I learned an invaluable amount of information in three days; more than I’ve learned on my own in the last 4 years! Gabriel was an excellent teacher. He explained everything so effortlessly, was extremely patient with everyone in class, and had enrichment exercises ready for those who were ahead of the rest of the group.
I think he did a great job. I’ve been using Dreamweaver for years but I really felt as though I’ve learned a lot the past 3 days. Thank you!Joey B.
This course was great! I was so nervous my first day because I had never made a website before, but Gabriel was an incredibly helpful and patient teacher – I would recommend this course to anyone.
This was awesome. Gabriel was patient, clear on what he taught, and best of all he was responsive to each student’s questions and problems. He explained things in an organized, concise fashion that made pretty much everything easy to understand. The course was pretty much what I expected and more. It gave me a whole new outlook on how to approach building websites after 10 years of doing it my self-taught way. WOW! What an eye opener. Thanks for an informative and valuable 3 days!
Gabriel was a wonderful instructor! Time flew by in this class, without making you feel overwhelmed. He also made you feel very comfortable when asking questions. I’m leaving here with a solid understanding of how to build web sites, which is incredible after three days. This class is worth every penny! Thank you!
Gabriel is outstanding. I came in behind the eight ball, having taken another “beginner” class (through a different training center) that was clearly lacking in certain areas, and he worked quickly yet patiently to help me get to an appropriate level of comprehension. He knows his subject cold, expects you to follow along at a brisk pace, but gets to the heart of an explanation very efficiently, and in a way that help the student visualize WHY something is working, not just what to do. Some instructors expect students to follow along by rote, but this is not the same as teaching. Gabriel is a huge cut above.
Gabriel was the best instructor that I have had in all my years of training. I wish there were more like him. Very well organized and an overall excellent instructor. He should be the model for all instructors.
3 ways learning web design with Adobe Dreamweaver will pay for itself:
- Save money!Stop paying web designers to design and manage your website when they get around to it.
- Make money!Put your web design skills to work for your own clients!
- Put your website to work!Get the most out of your existing website or a brand new website that you build from scratch.
Gabriel founded Gecko Designs, a web design and marketing firm in 1996 where he continues to work to this day. He is passionate about his work and delights in teaching the trade to his students.
He holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Multimedia Design and has won awards in both graphic and interactive web design which he jokes, "I carry with me at all times."
Outside of work Gabe races catamaran sailboats and plays on an ice hockey team. He loves traveling, hiking, biking, skiing, snowboarding and sports cars! He can do a Rubik's Cube in 90 seconds, enjoys making sushi and has a golden retriever named Tugboat.
- Setup, configure and customize Adobe Dreamweaver
- Create simple and complex layouts
- What are Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and how they work
- Create lists and tables
- Using images
- Adding video
- How Search Engine Optimization (SEO) works and its importance
- Custom Dreamweaver templates
- HTML contact forms
- Anchors and targets
- Opening links in a new window
- Linking to email addresses - good or bad?
- Rollover buttons
- Adding interactivity to your site using SPRY Widgets
- How to make your website accessible
- Drop down menus
- How and where to get your own domain name (yourwebsite.com)
- How hosting works and where you can host your site
- How servers work
- How FTP transfers work
- Publishing your website
- Tracking your website's hits using Google Analytics
- Promoting your website
- Adding a favicon
- Resources to help you troubleshoot problems
- How to extend Dreamweaver's functionality
- Resources and tutorials to teach yourself more